Incfile started their company in 2004 and has become one of the most popular LLC formation websites since then. They have formed over 250,000 businesses in this short duration. There are a lot of good services out there that can help you form an LLC online but Incfile has managed to stay prominent in this competitive industry and has actually become as popular as LegalZoom.
In this Incfile review, we will outline all the important factors that you might to consider when using their services. As a result, you will be able to determine whether Incfile is the right LLC provider for you or not.
Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons of Incfile
Pros of Incfile
✔ They are one of the most affordable LLC formation service available in the industry that starts at $0 + State fee. This is quite impressive seeing that LegalZoom, which is the most well-known LLC service, charges $99 + State Fee for forming an LLC.
✔ Since Incfile opened in 2004, they have over 15 years of experience now and have formed more than 250,000 businesses in this time.
✔ Incfile’s prices are usually lower than their competitors but they still include a full year registered agent service (which is needed by all LLCs) that is available in all the LLC formation packages.
✔ If you choose Incfile to form an LLC, it will also provide you with lifetime company alerts to send emails to your whenever there is a deadline coming up for business licenses, annual reports, statements of information, and so on. If this feature wasn’t available, then you would have to keep track of everything yourself which could be pretty confusing and time-consuming.
✔ Another great thing about Incfile is that they have received amazing customer feedback and easily maintain a high average rating score even with thousands of online reviews. They currently have over 15,000 reviews, out of which most of them are positive.
✔ Incfile has a good customer service and the Incfile representatives are not only friendly but extremely knowledgeable as well. Their customers get unlimited phone and email support which makes them such a popular choice among the customers.
Cons of Incfile
✘ Earlier, Incfile’s customer support was often hard to reach at times. This is not normal and their response time has definitely improved in 2021 but there have been times when the customers had to wait more than 24 hours to get their queries solved. Although this is normal in this industry, it has been found that Northwest does offer a slightly faster response time and ensures that all the questions of the customers are satisfactorily answered.
✘ Their free LLC formation package is definitely a good deal but as a result, you would also need to deal with several upsells and potentially higher charges in the end.
LLC Formation Packages by Incfile
Is Incfile Worth the Value? Yes, definitely. A few months back, Incfile used to charge $49 + State fee for the formation of an LLC but now their new and discounted rate allows you to form an LLC free of charge. All you need to do is pay the state fee and Incfile will form the LLC for you. Moreover, you get a year of registered agent and several other features for free with their LLC formation packages.
Incfile comes with three LLC formation packages, each of which has its own special pricing and features. To get full details on each of the package options, you should go to their website and check out their pricing page.
Price: $0 + State Fee
In the silver package, you get the following features:
- Name Availability Searches – Incfile takes care of searching the state’s database to ensure that your desired name is not already in use by another business entity.
- Filing of Articles of Organization – You have to ready the articles of the organization which are basically documents that are needed to form an LLC. Incfile takes cares of these documents and drafts them for your business so that they can file it with the state to officially form your LLC.
- Registered Agent Service – Every LLC needs to have a registered agent who will receive all the important documents on the behalf of the business and will then forward these documents to the business owners. It can be a person or an organization and ensures your privacy and timely delivery of important documents. With Incfile, you get this service for free for a year and then you can renew this service after an year by paying an annual fee of $119.
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support – With this package, you also get amazing support by Incfile representatives for any question or concern that you might have. Their support representatives are usually available on phone and email from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET on the weekdays.
- Online Document Access – Once your files documents are returned by the state to Incfile, the documents will be made available on the online client dashboard and you will be notified when they are ready for viewing and download.
- Business Tax Consultation – Incfile also offers a 30-minute consultation session with an experienced tax professional. You can ask them more about the tax and regulations that are applicable to your business so that you are better prepared.
- Order Status Tracking – They also have an amazing realtime tool that lets the usets the status of their order and how much time it is likely to take for the completion of the service.
- Lifetime Company Alerts – Finally, Incfile will send you emails about the upcoming deadlines for your LLC’s documents such as business licensed, annual reports, etc. for the lifetime of your LLC so that you don’t miss on anything.
Price: $149 + State Fee
In Gold package, you get all the features of the Silver package along with a few additional features:
- Employer Identification Number – EIN is a 9-digit number that generally works as a Social Security Number for your business. This number allows you to open a business bank account, hire employees, file business taxes, and so on. Although you can obtain an EIN for free from the IRS yourself, Incfile saves you the time and hassle and can get it for you.
- Custom Operating Agreement – An operating agreement is an important document as it is used to outline the ownership structure of your business and is used for laying the ground rules for your company. Incfile will draft this document for you so that it is easy for you to manage your business.
- Express Shipping – You will get a hard copy of the files articles of your organization through express shipping along with a tracking number.
- Banking Resolution – With the help of this, you can open a business bank account. However, if you already have an EIN, then you don’t really need this.
- Gold Business Formation Kit – Incfile also gives you a box with your company’s name inscribed on it along with a transfer ledge and document organizing tabs.
- S Corporation Tax Form Preparation – This feature is only applicable for LLCs that decide to have their business taxed as an S corporation. If your business does, then Incfile will prepare and file the necessary forms with the IRS on your behalf.
Price: $299 + State Fee
In this package, you get all the features of the Gold package along with some additional features:
- Expedited Document Filing – For customers who are forming LLC in a state where expedited service can be availed, Incfile is a great choice as it will opt for the expedited option for the formation of LLC. This option can seriously save you a lot of time, depending on the state of formation and can help you form an LLc in just a few days instead of weeks.
- Sample Document Library – Incfile will give you access to it’s legal contract templates. Their library consists of all the commonly used business forms and documents that have been designed by a lawyer and can be customized to suit your needs.
- Domain Name and Business Website – Since Incfile has partnered with a web development service known as SnapWeb, you will also receive a professionally designed website in this package using a website template. However, do keep in mind that you would need to pay SnapWeb’s $20 per month hosting fee and you get a free domain only if you opt for the annual subscription.
Customer Reviews for Incfile
Since Incfile has 15+ years of experience in this industry, it is not at all hard to find customer feedback on their company and that can help you understand what you can expect from them as a client.
After taking a deep look into their customer reviews from all over the web, we came across a few well-defined pros and cons. If you want a complete idea of the customer feedback, then you should check out their reviews but generally, Incfile customers find the simplicity of their services and the affordable pricing quite attractive.
Basically, there are very few LLC formation websites that can beat Incfile in terms of customer satisfaction and efficiency.
Best Alternative for Incfile
There are many service providers that offer LLC formation services these days so, if you didn’t find Incfile a good option for you, you have several others to check out too. One of the best alternative service provider to Incfile is ZenBusiness that is exceptional and has overall good value.
One of the best LLC services online, ZenBusiness starts at $39 and offers a full year of registered agent service and several other useful features. Moreover, they have over 3700 online reviews, out of which 97% are positive reviews.
Take a look at our ZenBusiness review for a more detailed look into this LLC service provider.
Choose or Not
Should You Choose Incfile to Start an LLC?
Of course, when you need to make a decision, you will find that Incfile has a lot more pros than cons. So, if you are wondering whether it would be a good option for you or not, then here is what you need to know.
✔ When to Choose Incfile to Form an LLC:
If you are looking for a budget-friendly LLC formation service to form your LLC, then Incfile is one of the best LLC formation services out there. You can either select from their free LLC service or their premium paid packages. It is definitely one of our most recommended LLC services to the entrepreneurs as well.
✘ When Not to Choose Incfile to Form an LLC:
The only time we would not suggest Incfile to our readers is if they would require lots of customer support assistance or if they want more features. If you need a lot of help or have a complex situation, then Northwest would be a better option for you. On the other hand, if you want a complete package, then you should try out ZenBusiness.
Our Verdict on Incfile
Once we reviewed all the top LLC formation services, we found that Incfile is one of the best LLC formation services because they form an LLC for free and have received highly rated reviews from their customers. So, if you are planning to start a business but are on a tight budget, then you should definitely try out Incfile.
Frequently Asked Questions About Incfile
Wondering about Incfile’s services? We have got your covered.
Is Incfile a Free LLC Formation Service?
Yes, Incfile does form LLCs for free.
Earlier, they used to charge $49 for the base package but have reformed the process and now offer the base package including formation of LLC for free. You just need to pay the state filing fee for the formation now.
And the best part is that the base package still includes all the earlier features such as registered agent service, lifetime company alerts, quick business processing, and a lot more.
Apart from the free package, Incfile also offers paid packages for $149 and $299 that include many more features and provide users with quicker processing times. All the packages offered by Incfile are quite impressive.
Is Incfile Secure and Safe to Use?
Since Incfile’s inception in 2004, they have helped more than 250,000 companies in forming a LLC. Moreover, they have really impressive customer feedback in the industry with more than 15000 online reviews and most of them are positive.
So, it is quite evident that Incfile’s customers really appreciate their free package and find their website quite easy to use.
Which Incfile Package Should I Choose?
Ideally, the free package works well and the $149 Gold package is a good option as well. So, if you just need basic services for formation of LLC along with registered agent service, then Silver package is definitely the best package.
On the other hand, if you wish to include EIN, operating agreement and other features as well, then you should consider the Gold package.
How is Incfile in Comparison to Other LLC Services?
Incfile is one of the top LLC formation services in this industry but there are two other companies that we feel are better – Northwest Registered Agent and ZenBusiness. And while neither of these companies offer free services, they do offer better and well-rounded services in comparison to Incfile.
Although Incfile is listed in the top three companies on our 7 Top LLC Services list, Incfile won’t be our top pick. However, Incfile is definitely better than the other LLC Services that have been listed below it and offers far much superior services than them. Among the top three LLC Services, there is not a huge difference so all the options are good really.
Do They Offer Any Discounts?
No, Incfile doesn’t offer any discounts as they offer free LLC formation services to the customers as long as they pay the state fee. So, you don’t really need a discount code as you get the services completely free!
Would You Recommend Incfile to Friends and Family?
There is no absolute answer for this as it depends a lot on your preferences and requirements. However, if you were to ask whether Incfile is a good option or not, then we would say that we do appreciate their free LLC formation service but there are a few other options that we would recommend more to our readers.
On our recommendation list, Northwest Registered Agent and ZenBusiness are high on the list. ZenBusiness is an impressively well-rounded company that is socially conscious as well while Northwest offers premium level services with their high-level customer support.
Does Incfile Have a Good Customer Support?
Yes, Incfile mostly has helpful and friendly representatives that offer great customer service. The only drawback is that sometimes it might be a while before you get a response from their support reps during the peak times.
Does Incfile Have a Refund Policy?
A few of the competitors of Incfile offer 100% customer satisfaction guarantee but Incfile is not one of those. This is why they charge a $30 cancellation fee and will only offer you a refund if you submit the request before the payment to the state which generally happens 24 hours after you place the order.
Can You Form an LLC on Your Own?
There are a few entrepreneurs that form LLC on their own but it is a long process and requires a lot of time and effort from your end. You would need to research about your state’s formation requirements and will need to file all the documents on time. Moreover, you won’t receive any help regarding the deadline reminders that is offered by Incfile or other features that make formation and management of LLCs easy for the customer.
Do I Need to Reserve My LLC Name Before Forming an LLC with Incfile?
Most of the states, except Florida, have their own way of reserving the business name before filing for the formation of the LLC. Generally, you only need to reserve the name of you aren’t going to start the formation process soon. However, if you are about to begin the formation process, then you don’t need to reserve a name for your LLC.
There is one state, Alabama, that makes it mandatory for the businesses to reserve the name before they can enter the LLC formation process. So, if you are planning to start a business in Alabama, Incfile will take care of reserving the name for you.
Can I Form an LLC Without Being Physically Present in the United States?
Yes, absolutely. You don’t need to be present in the United States to form an LLC. Moreover, you don’t need to be an American citizen or resident to form the LLC as foreign nationals are allowed to form and operate LLCs in the United States too.
Do They Handle New York Publication Requirements?
Incfile doesn’t handle publication requirements for the state as those have to be taken care with the state directly. But they do take care of name reservation requirements for your business because it is a part of the LLC formation process.
If you are planning to form an LLC in New York and need help with the publication requirements, then you should check out ZenBusiness. They are quite affordable too and take care of the New York publication requirements for the business.
How to Contact Incfile Customer Support?
You can contact the customer support for Incfile on email by filing out the contact form on their website or you can contact them on phone at 844-830-8267. If you submit a message through the contact form, then an Incfile rep will reach out to you to solve your queries via email.
Does Incfile Share My Information With Third Parties?
Yes, there are several special offers listed on Incfile’s website where they share your information with the third party. For example, when they offer to provide domain names and business websites, they share the information with a third-party SnapWeb.
If you don’t wish to do that, then you can simply out of these offers when opting for an Incfile package.
Does Incfile Have a Lot of Upsells?
If you look at the number of upsells offered by LegalZoom, then Incfile offers considerably less upsells. Other companies kind of pressurize the customers to purchase expensive add-ons that can make your total cost really high but Incfile doesn’t do that and is quite tasteful in the way they showcase the upsells.
How Much Time Does Incfile Take for LLC Formations?
The processing time of Incfile depends mainly on the state of formation but normally, they are quite fast as they send your formation documents to the state in just 24 hours. If you want your formation process to happen quickly, then you can just opt for their expedited service which can result in the formation of LLC in just a few days instead of a few weeks.
What Others Services Can Incfile Offer?
Incfile offers a lot of services apart from the LLC formation such as amendments for the company, foreign qualifications, name registration, and so on. The company also offers you compliance assistance with the annual reports, registered agent service, business license, trademark services, and so on.
And Incfile can handle other things as well like EIN acquisition, business tax assistance, and S corporation tax election.
Is It Worth the $70 to Acquire an EIN through Incfile?
There is no right answer to this as such because it depends a lot on your business needs. Personally, we find that getting an EIN along with LLC formation is more convenient even if it is as an add on. You can also get this service by upgrading to the Gold package of Incfile LLC formation packages.
You can easily get an EIN yourself through the IRS as well but it is more convenient to get it through an LLC formation service as your articles of organization and the EIN confirmation will be in a single place. But if you want to save some money, then you can simply acquire it from the IRS.